Monday, May 08, 2006

High Drama


That is how Jason described his recent trip to Abuja, Nigeria. He was with the Deputy Secretary of State on a mission to close the Darfur peace talks successfully. With 36 sleepless hours, much well-placed diplomacy, and nail-biting to the very end, they came away with a win! A huge step toward peace in Sudan!

Jason can write more about his experience later, but I just have to brag on him a bit. Attached is a picture I swiped from the AP. Deputy Secretary Zoellick is third from the left, and Jason is next to him. For more official details, take a look here.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My friend Jason is famous! Great work over there- what an exciting time to be in the professional.

Andrea said...

How cool is this! Seriously - I was looking through the paper the other day and read an article about the situation and thought, my bridget jones-loving friend's husband was totally there! How intellectual is that?