Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fight, fight, fight!


Fight, fight, fight!
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
For Christmas I got Jason tickets to see the Capitals play, and he hinted (not so subtly) that he wanted to sit so close he could almost join in on the fights. As you can see from this picture, we did indeed almost get to throw a few punches. Hockey is a whole new game when the puck and players are hitting the glass only a few feet away!

We had a great time at the game. Though the Caps lost (we must be bad luck), the game went into overtime and ended with a shoot-out--a first for both of us. As we poured out of the stadium and onto the Metro with the crowd it started snowing, ushering in the coldest week of the year. Perfect for hocky, I guess.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Fun! I go to my first hockey game next week-- the best team in the nation. I bet you've heard of them the Idaho Steelheads. :)