Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Musings on a Wednesday

It is still snowing. It is March. Those two sentences should not be in the same paragraph, much less right next to each other. Of course it couldn't snow in January, it had to be 70 degrees outside so that it could save up all its wintry misery for Spring. I'm bitter.

Jason has been in Africa for the past week, and it turns out that without him I am an utterly worthless, unmotivated person. Things I have accomplished since Friday:
* eating three huge bowls of pasta
* watching numerous episodes of "The Office," "Friends," and "X-Files" on DVD.
* staying up until 1 am
* sleeping through my alarm
* not doing homework
* skipping Sunday School
* accumulating a disgusting pile of dirty dishes, disheveled blankets, and random crap from the spare room on the living room coffee table.

It is a good thing he is coming home tomorrow (tomorrow!). Actually, that dysfunctionality lasted through the weekend, but my tolerance for chaos only goes so far, so by Monday I was ready to do the dishes and clean up my act. Jason will never know...

In other news...well, there really isn't much news. I have been trying to update the blog at least once a week, but it's (obviously) been a bit difficult for me lately. On the one hand, nothing exciting is happening in our lives. On the other hand, everything ordinary is crazybusy, and after 12-hour work days, class, and watching "American Idol" (cringe), sitting in front of the computer to blog is less than appealing. So here are a few more bullet-points for you, my version of a random update:
* Babies are everywhere. Congrats to Janae and Travis on the arrival of Abigal Hope, and to the Reviers on the appearance of Sam and Kate! Three more babies to go this spring...
* (Babies are NOT at our house.)
* I am published. Okay, if "I = Congressman Simpson," as it usually does. But this was an exciting tidbit for me (and major motivation for Friday's bowl of pasta).
* My birthday list is full of cooking appliances and cookbooks. I'm not sure what that says about me at almost-twenty-eight.
* I am still amazed at the internet, especially when I can gtalk with Jason, who is oceans, continents, and 8 time zones away.
* I wrote a (not so) thrilling paper on cover letters for grad school a couple weeks ago. Despite this utterly dry, dull, and boring topic, I really like my class.
* Tulips are in bloom in our living room. I have one little glass container of spring in this dreary, wintry world.
* Only three weeks until I see my favorite boy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

missy - you totally equally congressman simpson! congratulations! i like your weekly updates.