Monday, June 02, 2008

Getting Ready for Troy

While Jason headed to Ohio to celebrate Grammy's birthday with the rest of the Small family, I flew even farther west to do some work and celebrate the coming arrival of Nephew Number Two. Casey and Kim were in town for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend, so on Monday we had a BBQ, played a rousing game of croquet, and all sat around watching Cole be adorable.

On Tuesday night Shaanti, Kim, and I hosted a gi-normous baby shower for Jenny, who looks like the cutest girl who ever swallowed a beach ball. Just three more weeks or so before Troy makes his debut! It was supposed to be out in Shaanti's yard, but about two hours before things got underway, the sky literally began to fall. Mom and I actually sat in the car for a few minutes, afraid to go out in the downpour. But after moving Shaanti's living room furniture around and drying off stacks of chairs and tables, the shower was great fun, and we felt sort of proud of ourselves for pulling it off.
And, um, I LOVE nephews. I know it's not possible, but Cole gets cuter every time I see him. Not only does he now say things like, "Mimi, come play" (go ahead, try to turn down that command), but he had his first mule ride on Friday and announced (with a little prompting from Papa), "I'm a buckeroo!" It will be so fun to have a soft, brand-new baby Troy AND a bouncing Cole at the same time!
It was a great week--the only thing missing was Jason. :( I got to spend a little time with friends like Alison and Laura and her family, and, even with all the work and a day-trip to Twin Falls, I enjoyed laid-back family time. Dad and I went out to the driving range to kick off my summer project of learning how to golf, and we went over to Jenny and Chad's to check out Troy's new room in all its utter cuteness. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.