Monday, July 14, 2008

Dancing Queen

We ended an otherwise pretty darn good weekend with the DC finale of the fabulous "Mamma Mia!" They say that by the end of the show you'll be dancing in the aisle, and I swear, if we hadn't been so high up in the balcony that one poorly planned step would have sent me tumbling hundreds of feet to the stage, I would have done so. I already had an affinity for Abba, thanks to Janie, my junior year roommate, and pretty much knew all the words to the songs, so it was difficult not to burst out and sing along...of course, we were sitting with colleagues of mine so I tried not to embarrass myself. You run a risk hanging out with professional colleagues on the weekend...

(Any other embarrassing stories about lip-syncing to Abba should remain respectfully entombed in our little Corlett apartment.)

Good, good times, my friends. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

In other weekend news, any Saturday morning that starts with a lazy conversation about what we should have for breakfast and ends with said breakfast being eaten with tea on the sunny deck has to be at the top of my "to-do" list. We spent a few hours on Saturday at the kick-off for a Habitat for Humanity project that our church is partnering on, then spent the rest of the day:

  • visiting the pool for the first time this summer;
  • installing a new faucet in our guest bathroom (Jason);
  • accidentally sleeping on the chair while Jason worked in the bathroom (Missy);
    eating Lebanese; and
  • watching WALL-E at the theater. Also good times, also highly recommended. And "Batman" is only a week away!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

sounds like so much fun! are you going to see the movie when it comes out?