Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Sprint to the Finish.


Ten years ago today I started my last year of school...I thought. This time, I really mean it. Yesterday marked the first class of my last semester of grad school. Today I submitted my (hopefully) next-to-final draft of my thesis to my adviser. It turns out that there is a light at the end of this long tunnel, people.

My friend Missy made me this awesome paper chain so that I can actually see the semester getting shorter. So sweet of her. It has been wonderful to have supportive friends who encourage me, offer to read my novel-length thesis and provide constructive comments (thank you, Andrea!), and can't wait to celebrate with me when I'm done! And then there is Jason. Do. Not. Know. how I would do this without him. Taking two classes in one semester is ugly for both of us, but his encouragement and willingness to make dinner means we will be ALL DONE by Christmas. Woo-hoo!

No comments: