Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthday Weekend Recap

Apparently in my old age I can't blog in a timely fashion anymore. No matter--since today was the final part of my annual week-long birthday celebration, it's totally timely to post about birthday weekend now.

Birthday weekend was not only my birthday this year--we were rockin' and rollin' with the b-day parties. I can hardly keep up with all the birthday celebrations in my own family this month (as can be attested to all the extra postage I've paid for gifts in order to get them there on time)...first Casey, then Mini-Coop, then Kim, then Adam is Saturday, and Jenny is just around the corner. Phew! Ready for the break that is May!

Anyway. My birthday. Perfect day. Jason started it out with chocolate croissants and tea, and we ended things at Duangrats, my favorite Thai place near our house--last year's celebration was so fun, I thought we might as well do it again! Jason made me an amazing chocolate cake and my friends came out to celebrate. Such fun.

Saturday morning I headed to Dawn's where she hosted some friends for a lovely birthday tea party (if you remember, her birthday is the day before mine--"Our Birthday," as we call it). She'd done up the table just perfectly, the jasmine tea was delightful, and I ate way too many cucumber sandwiches. And we wore hats. Fun.


I got home in time for us to turn around and walk across the neighborhood to Hudson's first birthday party--an "I Love You, Stinkyface" party. Hudson is the youngest of the "five in six months" babies born in our dear group of friends, and his was the first party where all of the babies had basically turned into interested toddlers--below is the picture of Carter (who, at 4 1/2 months, is remarkably good at sitting in a chair!), Carly, Walker, and Anna listening to the story.

Somehow we didn't get a single picture of the birthday boy!

No comments: