Monday, April 04, 2011

And We're Back!

Spring is back, that is, though no one has dared to put sweaters away or take out shorts. I'm getting tired of seeing my turtlenecks hanging in my closet and turning on my space heater at work.


Today was a nice relief from the very cold, rainy week we just had, and the trees are in full bloom! Love spring in DC (minus hoards of people and tour buses). I went on a run (sad, slow, out-of-shape run) after work today. I'd forgotten my iPod (tragic), so I carried my new iPhone that has, like, five songs on it. While the music was certainly lacking, I managed to take a few pictures of one of my favorite spring sites--since I only see it running and never have my camera on hand.


The little garden outside the Smithsonian Castle is lined with magnolia trees that are perfectly in bloom right now. It is like a fairy land. I wish I could eat my lunch on one of these benches every day.


Happy April!

No comments: