Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nate's Wedding

I have reached that happy point in one's career when I get to hire many of the people I work with, and Nate was my first pick. We have all clearly agreed that he is everyone's favorite in the office--I literally hired him because being around him makes you happy, and I was pleasantly surprised that he is also very good at his job.


Happily, Jeni is just as awesome as Nate--in fact, the other girls at work threatened Nate that if he did not marry her, we would fire him and hire her instead. It's all turned out for the best, since now we get to keep Nate and still have Jeni for staff Christmas parties and BBQs.


Jason and I had such a great time at Nate and Jeni's wedding, partly because it is so delightful to watch people you really like get married, and partly because they got married on Jacksonville Beach in Florida, which is incredible. We got up on Saturday, rented two beach chairs and an umbrella, and parked ourselves until it was time to go to the wedding. Awesome.


While I'm raving about the Greenes (hee hee!), I have to say that the wedding itself was one of the coolest weddings I've been to. Jeni has amazing style and taste and such attention to detail. Everything--from having the attendants carry big balloons instead of flowers to the guest photo booth (love the classic pic of Jason and me below) to the cute cutouts on the soda straws--was perfectly done. Our coworker Solara (Nate, Solara, and I all worked together in the old job) came, too, so we got to hang out with her as well. We absolutely loved getting to celebrate with these two!



(Note: I'm still not over referring to "Nate's wife" as often as possible, even though we've been back in the office for three days. So far, he doesn't seem to mind...)

No comments: