Friday, May 24, 2013

Spring Recap

In an upcoming post, I will tell you how this has been the first week of normalcy in months and months, how my to-do lists are finally starting to shrink instead of grow, how the weight of the world has shifted slightly from my shoulders.  And I want to tell you where we've been this spring, if only to have something to do with all these pictures we take!  In no particular order:

Amy's visit:  Yay for a short but sweet visit from Amy and her boys!  Steven brought some students up to do some DC things, so they hung out with us--large play date with friends, calzones and talking until we couldn't keep our eyes open any more, and breakfast at Eastern Market.  Just right.


Ready for some blue/bucks!
 
On the Mall:  In all the years that I ran up and down the National Mall during my lunch break or after work, I imagined bringing my kid down for a picnic between the museums someday.  That day finally arrived, and I was so happy Cal and Clark joined us.

Pride and Prejudice:  I walked in to this one night before putting Henry to bed.  All the things I love, right here in one picture.

Growing things:  Between travel and SNOW, we got a late start to getting our flower beds in order this year.  (It's a good thing no one fines us for having weeks in our beds.  We would be broke.)  It is lovely to have everything looking so lovely--herbs, flower beds, geraniums in window boxes.  And Henry was so helpful...

Work:  I worked a lot this spring.  I always work a lot in the spring, so trying to do a full time job (that is easily 50 hours a week or more) in two days a week was sort of laughable.  But there were some high points.  Like this picture with the now-former Secretary of the Interior, and this moment where Nate and I met Stanley.

On a jet plane:  I confess to a little bit of travel envy of Jason.  While I wrangled a big, busy, loud baby into a window seat and prayed that he would watch Baby Einstein over and over, he flew to Nigeria through London, watching movies, reading books, sleeping...  Sounds amazing.  And a stop in London is the icing on the cake.


Okay, that sums things up marginally well.

No comments: