Saturday, April 22, 2006

April Showers

We found ourselves with a completely free Saturday day today. An early summer graced us this week with temperatures in the 80s, and we planned to spend the day in old youth-group fashion at Kings Dominion amusment park. But we awoke to grey skies and rain and decided we were not youthful enough to do roller coasters wet. So it's been a Saturday of tooling around our condo. I like it. It's sort of like an unexpected bonus.

Right now the rain is coming down so hard that I think the swimming pool outside our balcony is going to overflow. But rain makes good music, so we are sitting with tea and candles as Jason decides which game he is going to beat me at tonight. It's a special treat for him when I offer to play games, just the two of us--I suppose I should begin getting used to losing, since I have apparently chosen to do so for the rest of my life!

Last weekend we drove down to Roanoke, VA, to see my dear Oxford friend Krista walk down the aisle on her father's arm. The drive was beautiful, the bride stunning, and the reception just right--Jason said that if there had been a comedian it would have been his ideal wedding reception (he got kicked off the wedding planning team when he suggested that about this time last year--I think that was his goal). Krista and Scott came to eat Lebanese with us in January, and what a treat to be there to share their special day.

I'm about to start adding pictures to our new online album, so feel free to check them soon. In the meantime, I really hope that Jason left the tv on NASCAR on accident while he ran down to the laundry room (my husband is the best)...

2 comments:

J.R. said...

That's not Nascar, that's the Republican National Convention.


;-)

Amanda said...

April Showers --- bring May flowers! It was rainy here too. Glad to hear you had a restful weekend. Miss you.