Monday, April 17, 2006

Back on the Ground...for now

The latest delay between blogs was due to traveling on two counts--Jason east (Nigeria), Missy west (Idaho). Much was accomplished for the good of the nation on both sides, plus Missy got to spend some time with family (major perk of the job, not sure what will do when job ends in T-minus 8 months).

Jason's trip to Nigeria was hot and actually cut short, and if you want more details you will have to ask him because that is basically the extent of the report I got. We had successfully (we thought) planned to be gone at exactly the same time, rather than the usual "one of us leaving as the other one's flight is hitting the ground in Washington" fiasco we have experienced many times in our relationship. Of course, Jason ended up leaving Nigeria five days early, but it was closer to success than we've ever been.

As for my trip, I've attached a couple pics--one of me with the soon-to-be-newly-weds (I had a chance to hang out with them for a couple evenings while I worked in North Central Idaho--they are finishing up at the University of Idaho), and one of the rest of the family with Grams, now in rehab. It was great to spend time with Casey and Kim, learning wedding details, seeing each of their new houses, playing games, and basically talking with my brother for hours (one of my favorite pasttimes). And it's always good to see Grams and how she's getting along. For the first part of my trip she was able to speak really well, which makes it all better (she told me the most hilarious story of the doctor bringing in his little dog and making it kiss her. Grams and I share a less-than-love relationship with man's best friend, and she said, "And here I was, lying here helpless with that squirmy little thing on my bed..."). We also went up to McCall, where my parents are building a cabin (read: lodge) and checked out the progress. Sooo exciting, and can't wait for it to be done (but not as much as my parents can't wait...)

Note: I've updated the photo album attached, being less impressed with gfoto and willing to try flickr. We'll see how it goes, but for now you get better quality when you look... Pics of my birthday and a recent springish bike ride included.

No comments: