Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ah, Virginia.

We got our 6th wedding invite of the summer today. I suppose that if a person has 50 or so cousins (as I do), one should simply expect that sooner or later they will all decide to get married at the same time. Also, the Honorable C.L. "Butch" Otter has graciously invited us to his nuptial event. It speaks highly of Jenny (?) that we are choosing her wedding (same day) over the wedding of the (fingers crossed) future governor of Idaho.

(Of course, it was no contest.)

In other news, we are at home. It is lovely, absolutely astoundingly lovely, to simply be here. Next week will be my first full work week in over a month. Today we slept in, cleaned house, organized things (mmm...) and sat by the pool. You will see here a picture of our growing balcony--the prettiest one in our building, if I do say. (Jason is currently laughing at me for putting these pictures on here.) I tried to coax our plants back to life--it seems I finally get them to recover and then we go away again! If only the 8 tomatoes growing on our plant would just get ripe over the next 7 days so that we can eat them and let the plant go! One is reddening, so there may be hope... As you look at this picture, please disregard the dried, dying leaves (boo).

This evening we ate Lebanese. We sat down at our tiny table and stared at each other for a few moments, and I commented about how little we had to say to each other. Then the food started coming and we remembered why we are such poor conversationalists--the only words that we had room for were "oh man, this is so good" and "mmmmm uh wahn mawh" and "don't eat all the hommos special." If you are in the neighborhood this summer, come over to swim in the pool and eat mezza dishes with us. But call first, because we still have two more trips to make before Labor Day...

5 comments:

Scott M. Collins said...

Does that mean you are in town for all of Labor Day weekend?

Missy Small said...

at this point, yes we are. We haven't thought that far ahead yet... :)

Amanda said...

So, I was looking at your blog under "People we like" ... how can you like people who don't update their blogs?! :)

Missy Small said...

Bob who???

Anonymous said...

Nice tomatoes--better than mine!! I think a rodent is eating my cherry tomatoes--plus the leaves are turning yellow. However, my herb pot is growing like crazy. But I hardly use the herbs!
MOM small