Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wed by the Lake


Dawn and Brian
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.

In our quest to spend more time in Idaho than in Washington, DC this summer (not a bad idea, as today in DC the humidity is making it feel like 108 degrees outside), we spent a beautiful weekend in Coeur d'Alene helping Dawn and Brian celebrate their marriage. Dawn and I shared a lovely two years in our tree-house home until we both left to live with boys--she moved to Reston with her brother and I changed my name and moved in with Jason.

The wedding was perhaps the prettiest one I've ever been to. It was outside overlooking the lake, so the setting was perfect, and the ceremony was touching and beautiful too. I got to read Shakespeare's 116th sonnet (as Dawn did at our wedding).

Jason and I also had a great time hanging out in Coeur d'Alene and Spokane, WA. We actually stayed in Spokane, and as an Idahoan I am quite of the opinion that the scenery automatically gets gorgeous when you cross the state line out of Spokane and into North Idaho. But I was pleasantly suprised with Spokane and its Riverfront Park, and we got some good "vacation" time in on this trip. Plus, we got to see "Superman" at the IMAX theatre, which (as I'm a huge fan) was pretty much the coolest non-wedding highlight of the trip...

No comments: