Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Class of 2001


Class of 2001
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
"Our Trip to Idaho," Part 2. We left McCall and drove down the mountain, straight to Nampa and the campus of Northwest Nazarene University. There we donned nametags and shared hugs (and introductions of spouses) with my old college cronies. I must confess, I'd been looking forward to our five-year reunion for quite a while, and we had a great time. It was fun to see old friends and reconnect with people with whom I'd spent four significant years of my life. I loved the moment when, watching "Grandma Dave" take to the drums just as he did many times starting our freshman year, Amanda turned to me and said, "Yep, it's still funny."

After our reunion lunch we spent some time catching up with old friends--cheering on the basketball team at the homecoming game, discovering new coffee shops in Nampa, drinking tea and eating at Red Robin, adding to the collection of "Senate Pictures" and dissecting "Tess" during our "reunion bookclub," confessing that I've been reading other people's blogs, and reliving ridiculous memories. I've said this before, but it is so wonderful to discover that you still connect with people you knew in a past life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This of course all happened while Jason made the best of the time, chatting up alum from Alaska, sipping cappucino, and otherwise playing the role of the dutiful, supportive husband. He did, however, run into Dr. Eric Forseth at the homecoming basketball game, and Missy and he joined Dr. Eric in the gym's glass 'suite' for the second-half, catching up.

J.R. said...

Hey, it was good to see you guys but I am kind of bummed we didn't get to talk much and you didn't get to meet Jenny. Oh well, maybe for the 10.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture and fun commentary --what a great time together! I've started the countdown to our ten ...