Monday, November 06, 2006

Look who's going to Grad School!


Admission Letter
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
I am pleased to report that Missy received her admission letter to George Mason University's Master of Arts in English program, with a concentration in Professional Writing and Editing. GMU is in nearby Fairfax, VA, about 11 miles from our home, and classes start in late January. There was never a doubt in my mind that Missy would be admitted -- she certainly has an exceptional writing style as often evidenced on this blog -- and I can certainly play the boastful husband. The best part is that as a Virginia resident, she qualifies for the much discounted "in-state tuition" rate, which make me think I paid way too much for my graduate education. I suppose now we might become GMU Patriot fans, which as those of you who follow NCAA action will remember, turned out a surprising yet stunning performance during last year's March Madness. Now if only the Redskins could play to inspire ...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay, Missy! I am thrilled for you! Can't wait to celebrate with you in person (18 days!)

J.R. said...

That is big news! Congrats Missy!

J.R. said...

PS - I also want to give Jason props for reading Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom. I am going to have to check that out.