Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween


IMG_0751
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.

I have to admit, I was pretty excited for Halloween this year. No, we did not dress up as Napolean Dynamite or the Two-Headed Michael Scott, and we did not party raucously around the Beltway. Instead, we have been holed up in our little condo waiting anxiously for miniature ghosts, witches, and Elmos to come knock on the door. I have never had trick-or-treaters come to my door before. (Well, that's not entirely true, as a few came last year but I had not been planning to be home and didn't have any candy, so I had to turn all the lights off and hide. I watched through the peephole as little girl cursed our door in spanish. Yikes!) It was like an epoch in adulthood.

Plus, no cursing of our door, so we can expect a pleasant 2007.

On Saturday we went to Elizabeth's for her annual pumpkin carving party. The party was full of artists, and our little pumpkin (top in the picture) felt much less self-conscious once we got him home away from all the fancy pumpkins. It was fun to see Elizabeth, who recently moved back to town, and the night was blustery and sort of ghoulish. Dawn and I agreed that it was very Halloweeny. I was full of extra shivers, as I finished reading "Dracula" last week. Incidently, Jason would not let me read it a) before bed, or b) any time he wasn't home, as I once woke up screaming about vampires. But it was very good.

No comments: