Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Breakfast with the Riches


Breakfast with the Riches
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
Last week I got one of those emails that makes me smile a little wider--Oxford friend coming through town! Ryan Rich and his wife Lindsay were headed back to Charlotte, NC, from Pennsylvania, and they stopped by for breakfast on Sunday. It was fun to reconnect. I really enjoy discovering that old friends are not just friendships from the past caught up in "remember whens" but are also friendships very dear and relevant to the here and now. Plus, it was delightful to get to know Lindsay better.

Our weekend looks pretty unexciting to outsiders--well, and to Jason--but it was a pivotal one for me, as I finally cleaned out and organized the hall closet. The hall closet has been the bane of my existence since we got married--you know, that one closet stacked so high with unlabeled boxes shoved in haphazardly that it is impossible to get to the one thing you need right. over. there...? Well, now it is vacuumed, neatly organized, and, thanks to the inspiration of Andrea, labeled. I'm so happy.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Completely unrelated to your post, I noticed your reading Celebration of Discipline. It has been a while since I read it, so I picked it up again this weekend. We'll have to pass along insights.

Anonymous said...

What a great name your friends wife has!!! I hope you all are doing good and anytime you get in the mood to organize again you can come organize my house with all of the toys Jake is collecting. Love and miss you guys!!

Love,
Lindsay

Andrea said...

Missy! LOVE IT. Labeling bring such a rush doesn't it? Anyway - you made me laugh out loud...1. congratulations on becoming an auntie - Cole is darling and 2. let's definitely do Tess/Hardy for our book club...I am in Monterey for a conference but will email you when I get back.