Monday, October 16, 2006

AppleFest


Apple Festival 2006
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
"...Please meet your party at the Big Red Apple."

My favorite catchphrase of the weekend. Dawn and I took our husbands (we have husbands!) up to Pennsylvania on Saturday for the annual National Apple Harvest Festival. We drank cider, ate fried apples, and got our picture taken with--what else?--a giant apple. It was good fall fun. I didn't know that Pennsylvania was the Apple Capital of the World. (Since they were using Washington State apples to make cider, I am still quite skeptical...)

The Fest was outside of Gettysburg, so we took a little spin around the battlefield. Dawn and Brian had never taken the tour. Plus, I've been anxious to go back and see the view from Little Round Top in autumn ever since I was there in the spring ten years ago. It was absolutely lovely, and we came back with red noses and fall-happy hearts.

In other weekend news, Jason and I rented the first 12 episodes of "The Office" and proceeded to watch all of them within two days. We laughed so much and so loudly that I'm surprised our neighbors didn't come a'knockin'. It more than made up for the embarrassing loss by the Redskins (perhaps our football interest is waning...).

4 comments:

Amanda said...

A few comments on the post:
--"PA the apple capital of the world? Are you kidding me? Ridiculous!" says the former Washington state resident.
--Umm... you are wearing a sweater and a down vest. Yikes-- I haven't even broken out the long sleeves yet. Oh, I do miss fall on the east coast.
--So, glad to hear you love
"The Office." It is my favorite show. I own Season 1 and 2 on DVD. Now, you must rent Season 2-- even better than Season 1.
--39 days until Idaho! Miss you!

Scott M. Collins said...

YES! I'm so glad you found The Office too!!

Missy Small said...

Marbs--I, too, find PA's claim of apple superiority to be suspect... the NWer in me was offended. :)

And yes, we rented the 3rd disc of The Office last night. We have no shame.

J.R. said...

The Office is the greatest show on television. You just went up 10 cool points.

You should also check out Arrested Development, it's the greatest show nolonger on television. If you watch it I will give you an aditional 10 cool points.