Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back to Life...

...go ahead, finish the song in your head, you know you want to. But "back to reality" has been the real-life theme around here the past few days. I am three days into my new job, which, considering my distaste for change, is going quite well. We are also three days into no longer having a clean house, not knowing what to make for dinner, and dropping exhausted into bed at 9:30 or so. Yikes! I long for the time, two weeks from now, when my body is adjusted to sitting at a desk and trotting in high heels and I'm not plagued with the uncertainties of being the "new girl." But of course then I will be starting grad school...

Otherwise it's been pretty uneventful around here, thus the lack of entries this week. We spent part of our New Year break dragging out the last remnants of our single lives and sorting them from "his and hers" into "ours." Take, for example, our CDs. No longer is there a box of Jason's early 90's rap CDs and a case of Missy's early 90's country CDs. (I'm not sure what it says about us as a couple when we only had to get rid of two duplicate CDs.) Now my Moby CD is residing next to Jason's Mike E, and Randy Travis shares a page with T-Bone. It is a bit disconcerting, really...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy and Jason!

Thought I'd check out your blog. Sounds like you are doing well. Fun to see your pics and catch up on the latest "happenings" in your life. Happy New Year! 2007 is going to be awesome!

kary

Amanda said...

Ahhh... I miss Missy! I hate time changes. Call you Saturday mid-morning?