Tuesday, January 23, 2007

mmm, cookies...


mmm, cookies...
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
Whew, it's been a while since we posted! Since our last post, we have:
--worked
--gone to church
--been to the movies ("Good Shepherd," eh.)
--reread "Pride and Prejudice"
--played "Call of Duty 2"
--slept in.

It's been pretty exciting, lemme tell ya. Of course, as we speak Jason is in southern Sudan, so that's exciting. And I am taking advantage of his absence to watch a lot of "Friends" and leave dishes in the sink. And counting the days until Friday, when he comes home.

To help me pass the time, Mom hopped on a plane last week and came to spend the weekend with me. It was freezing and snowy here (first snow, nice change from the 70 degree weather last week), so we bundled up in sweats and blankets, made cookies, and stayed up late watching movies and admiring the new shoes we had purchased. I adore my mom. Yesterday I had to send her back to Dad, but we had such a great time! Unfortunately, I've now eaten all the cookies...

Of course, I'm currently interrupting my "Friends" marathon to watch the State of the Union address. I don't say that to elicit political commentary (please), but just to give a picture of the day here. The SOTU is like the Super Bowl in this town, and I had at least three party invites to watch it. I opted to stay home, but it always ends up paying off job-wise to have paid attention to the speech. Luckily, a few weeks ago it also paid off job-wise to watch the fantastic Fiesta Bowl victory by the Boise State Broncos. I sort of have a weird job, I guess...

5 comments:

Scott M. Collins said...

Did you make THE cookies? I loved them things.

Missy Small said...

yes, THOSE are the ones. mmmm...

Amanda said...

How do I not know about these cookies? :) Good talking to you last night.

Andrea said...

um yes, the Fiesta Bowl game was the most exciting football game in the history of football (in my extremely uneducated opinion)...and to think, I almost went to bed!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to make cookies with you and mom and you could have seen how big Cole is getting! He misses his Aunt Missy and Uncle Jason!