Sunday, July 01, 2007

Welcome to Our Home!


Welcome Home!
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
Wow, we have a lot of stairs. And since we've been running up and down them for the past four days, wow, we are tired! I know a few of you have looked for pictures here over the past few days, and I apologize that it's taken me a while to get them up. I'd like to blame it on the fact that we didn't have our internet hooked up until now, but anyone who knows Jason knows that the Comcast guy was here before the movers finished. We all have our priorities...

Our move went pretty smoothly, and the movers would have been worth every penny even if all they did was get our couch into our basement. What is it with couches and getting them through doorways? About the only thing we accomplished on Thursday after the move was putting the bed together (as Shaanti said, "the best Mom idea ever," so that when you can't move another box you can plop into a waiting bed) and finding the toothpaste.

Between yesterday and today, we managed to get our kitchen at least functional, which makes me very happy. I am so tired of eating out! I've been wrestling with Contact paper (yelch) and Jason's been wrestling with new bits of hardware for the bathroom. We ran the sprinker all day in hopes of resuscitating our lawn. And we've taken our third trip to Home Depot. So far.

There are a few pictures on here of the rooms that are semi-put together. Of course, my favorite is Jason in the smashing living room furniture (aka lawn furniture). Actually, it's a good thing we don't have living room furniture yet--if we did there would be no room for all the cleaning supplies, boxes, and Target bags full of bins.

The best part of the day was when Jason turned up some "Shot Through the Heart" really, really loud. And no neighbors could hear. Yay!

This is a long entry, but it's been an exciting (albeit exhausting) weekend. Oh, and I'm on HP4 now, so it turns out I may manage to complete my sprint through the Harry Potter books...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Nice work! Jason, that red bag goes great with your outfit.