Friday, August 10, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Mike Bunn


Party Goers
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
Saturday, August 4: Yesterday we packed up the car and drove...drove...drove to Pittsburgh, where my cousin Mike married Heather. Thanks to some nasty traffic, we rolled in about 45 minutes before the wedding started, just in time to change into proper clothes and get down to the chapel.

"Chapel" is a bit of an understatement--the Heinz Chapel at the University of Pittsburgh is more like a small cathedral. It was gorgeous. And hot. Despite the lack of air conditioning, the wedding was beautiful, personal, and lovely. And we really enjoyed the party--it was fun to hang with some Bunn cousins and aunts and uncles, and on Saturday morning we all walked down the street to Pamela's Diner for the best hotcakes in Pittsburgh...or the world, actually. Afterwards we said our goodbyes and got on the road. Canada, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just walked past the Heinz Chapel a few weeks ago when I was at the University of Pittsburgh for an interview. I have never been inside but it looks beautiful from the pictures. I am moving to Pittsburgh soon to start my post-doctoral position there on October 1st. I'll let you know the new email address, etc when I get it.