Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Tourist Whirlwind


Bull Run
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
Jenny and Chad (who work nights) were still asleep when we left McCall a few weeks ago, but we didn't bother to wake them up to say goodbye because we knew we would see them in less than two weeks. They spent a few days with us last week--yay, so fun! Chad had never been to DC, so we spent Sunday at Bull Run Battlefield (a new stop for us) and the newish Air and Space Museum out by Dulles Airport (favorite: space shuttle. Awesome.). Then we sent them out on a tourist whirlwind--monuments, Capitol, museums, and, of course, Crate and Barrel.

We had a great time, and though we sent them home with very sore feet I think they had fun, too. This is the first time we've hosted a sibling and spouse--we are so grown up! Sisters are such good friends to have, and we really enjoyed getting to know each other's husbands better.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had fun -- I like the new layout. :)

Kanodes said...

Miss!! I love your blog...it is an enticing site for me to visit often and I am completely baffled at your abilities when it comes to the site. You must assist me when we meet again. Mine is much more...childish...elementary...ok so people laugh at mine! :) I miss you dearly and I soo needed your little note a few weeks ago. Now that I am kind of 'out of the weeds' (I've digressed to restaurant talk) I will begin to write you a letter! I love REAL letters, though emails suffice in a pinch! Love and hugs..you DO have the dearest nephew...