Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Short Commute

I never thought I'd say that I got to work too quickly, but that seemed to happen to me today. It wasn't that Wednesday morning traffic (ug) was any better than normal, but since both the new David Crowder Band CD AND the new Rascal Flatts CD came out on Tuesday, I had far too much new music on my ipod to listen to, and the trip to Capitol Hill flew by. So I am now saturated with good music from my two favorite bands.

(Jason only has one of these albums on his new ipod. I'll leave you to guess which one.)

While the results are not completely in on either album, the general consensus around the house is: v. good. I have previously mentioned the profound impact that the last Crowder CD had on my life--at a time when my aunt was dying, it put to music the awesome story of being truly brought to life. Yet I find the slim, 10-song Remedy, which speaks of God's glory, a nice bit of relief from the powerful Collision. Right now I love tracks 1 and 3 (of course, we've been playing "Everything Glorious" on repeat for about a month in antipation) and the joyous "chorus" of "O For a Thousand Tongues." Again, as Casey says, "Davidcrowderbandrocks."

As for Rascal Flatts, you can say all you want that all the songs sound the same, the lead singer's voice is annoying, Joe Don's hair is ridiculous, blah blah. I will agree with you. And I will then pull out each and every CD they've ever made and listen to them again. I have an unending musical crush on Rascal Flatts, beginning with their very first album, which my mom sent to Oxford just as I couldn't stand listening to another song on one of the over-played CDs I'd stuffed in my suitcase two months earlier. So, Krista, as I listened to the rascally new music, I thought of you and our integral paper all-nighter, making cookies at 3am in the Canterbury kitchen and listening to track three on repeat. Oh! I just smiled thinking of it!

(And, by the way, I ate about four of those cookies today...)

It has been a mysteriously painful week, so it has taken all the good music--and knowledge that Thursday night is a'comin'--to get me through. Whoever decided that the ratio of five workdays to two weekend days is good math?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love Rascal Flatts too. I'll have to check out Crowder. I've heard them, but don't own any stuff. I'm beginning to think that is a bummer.

PS. Did you mention Thursday? :)