Thursday, October 04, 2007

Book Storm


Before
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
This is what our living room looked like last night. Proper bookshelving was the last piece of new-house-furniture purchased, delivered, and installed (huge trauma, but boring story). For the past three months all our books have been hiding in neatly stacked boxes along the living room wall, so it was a pleasure to meet them again as we organized them and put them in our bookshelf. (And by organizing, mostly I mean deciding which books were worthy of the new bookshelf and which ones would go downstairs on the old shelves.) Organizing them, by the way, was NOT the 15 minute job we expected, which we discovered about the time we took this picture. We have a LOT of books. And our new bookshelf? Full to the brim. But really fun. We are (for the most part) officially moved in!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the full bookshelf! And your house pictures are great! Thanks for the cute card ... good to hear from you.

Scott M. Collins said...

Harry Potter all in hardback - I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the "too many books" problem. I ended up sorting and giving away a bunch of books before moving to Pittsburgh. I am glad that I did because I would never have fit all of my bookshelves (let alone all of my books) in the new apartment. I was seriously spoiled having a large apartment in Worcester!
Hopefully some day soon I will have all of my boxes unpacked.
Doesn't everyone have Harry Potter all in hardback?

Andrea said...

oooh i love. wish i could come over and browse.do you have a picture of your new shelves?