Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend

We have this cute little office in our new house with two desks, one Jason-sized and one Missy-sized, and as I'm typing up this post, Jason is behind me playing a "tribute to boy bands" collection on iTunes. I will never confess to being a fan of boy-bands (unless Rascal Flatts qualifies, which I do NOT believe), but the songs are providing a pretty thorough soundtrack to college. Scary.

It has been just the kind of weekend that provides time to do silly things like listen to NSync on iTunes, the first one since...May? For the most part, our housekeeping has been limited to upkeep (mowing the yard, cleaning the kitchen) instead of major new projects (unpacking the utility room, planting tulip bulbs, sewing curtains (thankfully done)). It has left us time for more important things. Like reading. And making cookies. And watching the Redskins lose. The Redskins have only lost this season when we have been watching the game. We must be a jinx.

One thing I did NOT do this weekend was get out my fall clothes. I bought two sweaters at the Gap over the summer (ironically, the two other girls I work with also bought two of the sweaters at the Gap. It's a good thing they came in lots of colors!), and I have finally been able to wear them. But I decided not to push my luck by actually packing away the warm-weather garb--less than a week ago it was 96 degrees here! Now it is nice and cool, and the tired, worn leaves look like they might have a chance to change colors before they fall to the ground, but I'm still hedging my bets...

Other things we have done this weekend:
* bought a shovel (a first!)
* watched more episodes from season one of the X-Files
* sprayed for spiders (last week when I put on a shirt one ran down my arm and I screamed like a girl, so Jason promised to spray. ew, ew, EW!)
* ate here and here
* bought tickets to this
* worked on my personal essay for my class. but not very much.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

A shovel -- I don't miss those days. But, I miss you!