Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hot.

So, during the hurricane last weekend, our air conditioner went out. While we are uber thankful that it is not still August, one of the unfortunate side effects of hurricane weather is oppressive humidity, the likes of which we did not see all summer. There was a time (before DC) when I thought that the purpose of an air conditioner was to cool a room, but it turns out that this is false. The real purpose of an air conditioner is to take away the humidity.

Needless to say, there have been a lot of cold showers in our house lately. Which made the fact that this morning we woke up to no water at all just a little worse than it might otherwise have been. There was a water main break on our street, so I bundled up my sweaty self and went to work, uber thankful for the gym in my building. Hopefully the water is back on soon, and hopefully we only have a few more days of sweatiness until we can get our air conditioner replaced...just in time for the cool, fall weather to set in.

On a happier note, I have more nephew pictures to share. Cole knows that Baby Troy is "so cute," but he doesn't usually have a lot of time for him between running and "ribbetting" and eating watermelon (a few of his favorite things). However, he got to hold him while I was there last week, and he told Troy that he would take him fishing. So adorable. There are suddenly going to be a lot of boys in our family in a few months. Casey will be so happy. My trip to Idaho last week was quick and filled with work days and events with my boss, so it didn't offer a whole lot of carefree social time. But Jenny and Troy came to stay with us while Chad worked, so I did get to spend my evenings getting to know Troy better and falling more in love with his gummy smile. He will be so big by the time I see him again!

No comments: