Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rex and Christine's Wedding

Last weekend I visited Toronto to attend the wedding of a dear high school friend, Rex Lam. The wedding was beautiful and provided a good excuse to see old high school friends I had not seen in ten years (Bahi, Keith, Ray, Ken, and Karen). In keeping with Chinese tradition, Rex's bride (Christine) changed dresses frequently throughout the reception. I was told it was a tradition that demonstrated opulence. The bridesmaids also organized several games for the bride and groom during the reception, partly as entertainment during the 10 course Chinese feast. (I still maintain that a hired comedian would be an appropriate and novel addition to a wedding reception -- despite Missy's continued protests.) For the meal, I tried many delicacies, including shark fin soup!

I also had the chance to visit Diana Clark (my old Sunday school teacher) and attend Rosewood Nazarene Church with the Dookheran family to celebrate the denomination's 100th anniversary. All in all, a great weekend! Next stop, the Netherlands...

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Happy to know about the wedding. I am planning my sister’s wedding at one of remarkable wedding venues NYC in a couple of months. All the arrangements are done according to preferences of couple. Hope they enjoy their big day.