Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Houseguests


We always enjoy having visitors -- especially family! We hosted my (Jason's) parents over the just concluded three-day President's Day weekend. The visit served a double purpose -- spending quality time with mom and dad and finishing up odds and ends from the basement finish project I started with my dad last August. Besides sharing a delicious Valentine's Day dinner at home that Missy cooked, we also visited the Pentagon memorial (to the 9-11 victims) and the Air Force memorial. It was my first visit to the Pentagon memorial. It contains a bench for each person who died at the Pentagon on 9-11. It is a relatively new memorial -- one I suspect will be an important spot in years to come -- especially for educating the generation that will have no memory of that tragic day. My mom noted that she has reached the point where the sixth graders she teaches have only a faint memory of what happened on September 11.

In terms of the basement project, we made great headway. We were able to re-route the plumbing for an outside faucet that was inadvertently attached to the hot water line, and install new electrical outlets and switches for light fixtures. The rooms are really starting to come together. I will post photos soon.

Next up: Missy's mom. She arrives tomorrow night!

No comments: