Sunday, November 22, 2009

November

In the phase of my life when all I wanted to be was Anne Shirley, I struggled a bit with the idea that Anne thought November was the worst month of the year. I couldn't disagree more. The leaves are almost as pretty on the ground as in the trees (and with Jason's new leaf blower, not a bit of a problem), there's that nice nip in the air, the panic of not having finished my Christmas shopping hasn't hit yet, and all we can talk about is food. Yummm... Plus, to add to the niceness, the weather this month has been just about perfect.

So, apart from randomly heading to Asia Minor, what have we been doing this month? Well, we've been:

Hay Wagoning with our friends from church, all bundled up and armed with hot dogs and s'mores stuff. Mmm. Serious good times.

Rocking out with the David Crowder Band at GW on Tuesday. We are serious DCB grouppies and knew every single song they sang. What is better, it was like an awesome fabulous worship session, which you can get a teeny taste of by watching this video.

Turkeying up by hosting a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner with friends. It just seemed like a shame to let my china and cute turkey plates gather dust for one more year. I made some pretty amazing stuffing and my first batch of cranberry sauce, and our southern friends gave us a crash course in dumplings and the difference between stuffing and dressing (apparently the latter has cornbread?).

Lacing up my new running shoes. Not to go running, of course, but to make sure they were the ones I wanted to buy (they are very pink...). The sore knees and achy hips that resulted from my old shoes made me feel older than 30. Besides, I just joined a workout competition with Kaylyn (think am losing already), and our office is planning to sign up for the Cherry Blossom 5K. In, um, April. Gotta get ready...



And tomorrow we're off to Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with Jason's family. Let the season of celebration begin!

No comments: