Saturday, December 19, 2009

...but the fire is so delightful...

I'm sitting by the fire with my third mug of Twinings Christmas tea, and I think it is snowing even harder than it was when we got up this morning and Jason shoveled the driveway. I know it's a good idea to get ahead of the snow as much as you can, but shoveling seems a bit like an exercise in futility right now--when we measured it then with a 12 inch ruler, it was almost completely covered, and I think six more inches have fallen since then!

It's really the nicest kind of day to be snowed in (you know, apart from the fact that we're supposed to be flying out tomorrow afternoon...). The only plan we had to cancel was lunch with Dawn, which is rescheduled for when we get back. Otherwise we've been drinking warm beverages and listening to Christmas music and opening our Christmas presents from each other (there's already enough to pack for Idaho without lugging our gifts from each other there and back again). It's a white Christmas after all!
I think, to celebrate, we will go ahead and watch White Christmas and eat Thai food at home (since we most certainly can't follow through with our plans to go out to our favorite Thai place). Then we'll pack up all our bags and keep our fingers crossed that, unlike many of our friends who were forced to abandon their travel plans for the holiday, we make it off the ground tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

NO!!! I just talked to Dad and he told me about the snow just as I was checking out this post. HE said the airports were closed. I'm thinkin...they better open back up for ya!