Monday, February 08, 2010

Cabin Fever

I love a good snow day, and working from home is significantly less stressful (and distracting, actually) than working at work (in spite of the frustratingly slow computer connection--agh!). But not long ago the prediction for tomorrow's snow storm went from 3 inches to 10-20 inches, and I started to panic again at the very real possibility that we might be stuck here the rest of the week. I've decided that it would be really awesome to go to work again some day. I love my house, but it wouldn't hurt to wear something other than long johns and fix my hair again one of these days.
To combat cabin fever, Jason and I donned our make-shift snow gear (the real stuff is, unfortunately, in Idaho) and went for a walk. Since we seem to be the only ones who have shoveled our sidewalks, it was a pretty short jaunt, and before we went in we decided a snowman was in order. Not exactly snowman snow, but we made do, complete with a carrot (we're going to the groc again tonight while we still can, so we figured we could splurge) and a scarf someone dropped in front of our house yesterday.
We've made a couple of important decisions this weekend:

1. We are buying snow pants and boots to keep in Virginia. Storing our snow gear where we are most likely to see snow has worked really well for years, but it turns out there is a bit of a flaw in the plans.

2. We need to get to know our neighbors better. They are the only people we've seen besides each other since noon on Friday. Also, it is a good thing we like each other a lot.

3. Still, should the opportunity for both of us to work at home all the time ever arise, it wouldn't hurt to give it some serious thought... :)

4. Definitely time for a new snow shovel.

I'm lobbying hard to go out to dinner--Chili's, McDonald's, whatever, just get me out of here!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

cabin fever...ah!!! (I'm really hoping you recognize that from Muppets Treasure Island) :-) Sounds like a fun day off you've had!

Kaylyn said...

Seriously, I need to get out of my house too. I never thought I would miss our office as much as I do when I have been home for 4 days straight!

Andrea said...

your snowman is darling. really darling. chili's sounds fabulous at the moment btw.

Meet the Bucher's said...

Oh for the days before children... You get more done in one snowday than I do in a month!
Are you back at work yet?