Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer, according to my iPhone

This has clearly NOT been the summer for blogging, but this past weekend the weather was in the 60s (!!!), so I'd better get summer under our belts before we move on to the decidedly more pleasant fall.

As mentioned previously, we spent a lot of time behind desks this summer.  But as I was flipping through the pictures on my iPhone, I realized I had a lot of other moments (mostly food moments) I'd neglected to blog about.  So here goes, a picture essay of our summer.


Summer was very tomatoey.  Lots of BLTs.  Mmm.

Jason gave me French cooking classes for Christmas last year.  Bon appetit!


For a brief moment, our garden was everything you could hope and dream for.  Isn't this picture lovely?

The leftovers from Amy's party.  Peach cobbler it is!

It may look like 100 degrees, but it felt like 117.  July was the hottest in history.

Surprise favorite dinner of the summer:  Proscuitto and peach pizza.

We ate this cherry bread salad, like, once a week all summer.


Look how clean my desk is!  I love August.

Blackberry picking with Dawn.

A moment of missing Amy.

Sewing projects!  Finally made it past my multi-year backup and made this in a day!

Best things about recess:  We the Pizza and fro-yo from Sweet Green.

Weird albino trout at the Hagerman Trout Station (work trip).  There are also weird blue trout in that pool, too.

No comments: