Monday, October 31, 2011

The Egyptian Flu

Apparently my dad announced my pending arrival to my grandparents by telling them that my mom had been a little under the weather and seemed to have the "Egyptian Flu."  When Grams seemed concerned, he explained:  "She's going to be a mummy."

Apparently Grams fell for that joke again about 18 months later, before Shaanti was born.

Jason told a similar story yesterday to our Sunday school class, something about me not feeling well lately and the doctor saying something about being 13 weeks pregnant, due in early May. 

We are very excited.  We've been waiting a long time to publish this blog post.


I have never seen or heard anything more amazing than that 165 heartbeats per minute in my whole life.

12 comments:

Carlottamarie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you two!!! And, of course, I love the joke! :)

Amanda said...

Yay! Congrats! So excited for you and Jason ... what an incredible blessing!

Krista said...

Congrats! We are thrilled for y'all! Hugs.

Meet the Bucher's said...

Can't wait to be a aunt again! You've had the privelege 5 times and I'm glad you're sharing the wealth:-) Love you both and am SO HAPPY for you!

Andrea said...

a baby Small! I can hardly wait! there is nothing like a very wanted first baby.

april said...

WOW! So thrilled for you both - you are in for a wild ride. I just cannot stop smiling right now :) CONGRATS!

April

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!! That is fantastic news =)

Dawn said...

YAY! Let me just be clear in case you haven't noticed...I'm so happy for you and excited and glad it's official and sonogram-y. You'll be amazing parents--that little beating heart is a blessed little heart.

RaChelle and Paul said...

Oh Missy! How very exciting for you and Jason - such wonderful news. God is definitely SO good. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Alison said...

Such amazing news--so, so happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to find out if it will be a record sixth grandson for your parents or a very spoiled little girl :)

Amanda Gingerich said...

Yay!!!!! I am soo excited! Congratulations:)

Jason and Jackie said...

Such wonderful news! Congratulations!!! We'll be praying for a perfect pregnancy, healthy mommy, healthy baby and an easy, pain-free delivery. ;o) Enjoy! Congratulate papa for us too.