Saturday, October 08, 2011

Fallishness

It is so lovely here right now.  After a month of rain, the sun has been out for the past few days and we have that nice, crisp feeling that says the humidity and dragginess of summer are behind us and good, sweater-clad things are ahead.  Every day this week we arrived at work and talked about how glorious it is outside...and yesterday we topped off the conversation with pumpkin bread, just to push things way over the top.  Right now all our windows are open, and the leaves outside are starting to change, and we had the most amazing apple oven pancakes for breakfast...

So, anyway, it's pretty nice around here.  Plus, we've had hardly any weekend plans since we got back from Idaho--which is so unlike us--and, let's be honest, it is awesome that I don't have homework.  It's been almost a year, but, mmm, still so good.

Seriously, I have nothing else to blog about.  It is all leaves and crispness and pumpkin bread around here.  (And apples.  We bought some at the farmer's market this morning (along with a big bunch of kale so gorgeous that I want to put it in a vase), and I suspect apple pie will be on the menu this weekend.)  I just hated to leave you hanging for another week.

4 comments:

Meet the Bucher's said...

I want the amazing apple oven pancake recipe! And I agree that fall is glorious!!! Today is just about perfect, wish you were here to spend it with:-)

Missy Small said...

Especially perfect if you are the birthday girl! Wish I was there, too!

Dawn said...

I think you should indeed put kale in a vase.

RaChelle and Paul said...

Yeah for fall goodness! And yes, I made the blackberry scones - and yes, you NEED to make them. So good.