Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bragging on our kitchen again


We put in new countertop yesterday, which looks fantastic (and when I say "we," I mean not me but Jason, his dad, and the nice men at Counter Intelligence). The little piece of countertop that we stuck in front of the sink but could not (a) attach properly or (b) fit properly is gone, replaced by nice, clean, new stuff. Our old countertop was tan, so this stuff is still looking very white to us (the on-sale color options were quite limited, turns out), but we love it.

Today the high is supposed to be 76, and it is pleasantly rainy and fall-ish outside. My office-mate has taken her first vacation of the year, so I'm free to listen to country at my desk. "The Boys" in the front office (who are a nice and relatively recent addition to a formerly all-female office) are listening to the office voicemail and laughing at the 6 profane messages left last night by a man who had way too much to drink before calling and cussing out his Congressman. This is a weird job.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love your new countertops! Oh, I am wishing for that fallish feel to no avail - supposed to be 102 this afternoon...but I DID have a pumpkin scone this morning at Starbucks to celebrate the 1st of September.