Monday, August 21, 2006

The Last Johnson Bride


In her dress
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
Isn't Jenny so pretty? She made such a beautiful bride on Friday night, and we were so glad to share in celebrating her marriage to Chad. The wedding was beautiful, wonderful, perfect. What a wonderful day!

I can hardly believe that all four of us have been married off--it was the last time the twinkle lights will sparkle in my parents' yard. (After three receptions there in 371 days, however, they might be a bit relieved!)

Now Jenny and Chad are relaxing in the Dominica Republic, and Jason and I are relaxing at home. Finally. No more trips until I go back later this fall to meet my new nephew (I can't miss that!). We are officially putting our suitcases back into the closet and settling in to stay. It is kind of exciting, thinking about living in our house instead of just doing laundry there.

And fall is just around the corner. It is worth living in Washington DC just for fall.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

so, now it must be my turn! :) I enjoyed the pictures from your Idaho weekend-- rodeo and all! Look forward to getting in touch soon.

Amanda said...

I love John Adams -- sadly, I keep falling a sleep reading, not because it is boring, but these crazy 8 hour days are kicking ...

Andrea said...

Good grief, looking at the pictures, could the Johnson girls be any prettier?