Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Van Allens!


The Van Allens!
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
So, I know that Bob basically looks like a head and a tie in this picture, but, with my battery dying (grrr...), this is the best I could do as far as photos went. I would highly suggest looking here for much better (and funnier) pictures of Bob and Erin's wedding. (And a quick shout-out to Andrea for not posting every picture that Telfer snapped while we were on the dance floor. There had to be a few incriminatingly scary ones when it was all said and done.)

Apparently blogging is not my calling anymore, as over a week has gone by since Bob and Erin tied the knot--and we held a small but delightful NNU reunion--but nary a word from me. Weddings are really so nice for that type of thing, and I appreciate Bob being so obliging (I missed out on the last wedding-reunion, since I was the one in the wedding dress). We had a great time together. It was especially poignant to eat greasy food at Denny's at 11:30 p.m. clad in sweatpants and glasses, playing "would you rather." It was a moment right out of college.

It is amazing how much you can squeeze into a weekend, especially when you consider that the flight between DC and Spokane, WA, is 6 or 7 hours. But squeeze in I did--I arrived around noon and had lunch with Andrea at a cute little place with delicious sandwiches, then drove straight down to Moscow to visit Casey and Kim. I got to see where Casey works and their cute little apartment, then Mom and Dad, who had picked that weekend to visit them, too, arrived. We had a really delicious dinner (coconut shrimp, mmm...) and wonderful visiting time before coming back to Casey and Kim's, turning on a movie, and falling directly asleep. It was soooo wonderful to spend time with them, what a special, stolen-away moment! And, to top it off, now I can imagine where Casey is sitting when I talk to him on the phone (green striped chair, of course!).

I was exhausted when I got home (still haven't fully recovered, actually--apparently I am too old for this!), but it was worth every second. And, of course, I arrived home to find planted tulips, apple pie, and our utility room floor. I have just the best husband.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yeah-- it was a fabulous weekend. I enjoyed spending time with you.