Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Traveling


IMGP0833
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.
So, confession: I did hunt Easter eggs simply because I knew there were dollar bills in some of them. Sad. But I noticed that my sisters and their husbands also jumped off the couch when they heard about the money.

Jason and I are back home after a week of heading to Sudan and Idaho, respectively. We are patting ourselves on the back for successfully scheduling trips at the same time--something we've never managed to do in the five years we've been dating. Jason had a great trip, traveling all over the country and touching base with a lot of people while he was there. It's been over a year since his last trip to Sudan.

My trip was equally delightful. Since I worked in Boise the whole time I was there (versus traveling all over the state), things were laid back and allowed me plenty of time to shop, eat out, and visit. On Saturday, Mom and I went to the church just in time to miss Cole's Easter egg hunt, but we did play on the bouncy bounce and visit the Easter Bunny. And seriously, nothing could be cuter than Cole on Easter.

Plus, I love Easter. Every year I value the Easter story more and more. He is risen indeed. This year Easter was the third anniversary of the death of my Grandma Bunn, and what a great chance to celebrate her life and how she and we are brought to Life through Christ. Three years ago, Easter was the day before my grandma's funeral. When we arrived at her church, the congregation was singing "My Redeemer Lives," and I thought, "Yes! This is what it is all about!" I hope your Easter was equally hopeful.

(Oh, and I racked up a whopping 10 cents from the Easter egg hunt.)

No comments: