Friday, March 14, 2008

Five Things that Make Me Happy

Just because it's Friday. And because, well, I love my spice cabinet.


1. My beautifully organized spice cabinet. Every once in a while it makes me think of a spice bazaar in Istanbul. Okay, so I have an overactive imagination.

2. Dark chocolate Snickers bars. Words are inadequate to describe how delicious they are. Regular Snickers don't even come close, and that is saying a lot because I have been known to have a serious affinity for Snickers bars. (Btw, we are so eating sugar again.)

3. Country music radio. In the car. As the morning alarm. In the shower. Nevermind that Jason turns the shower radio off the moment he comes into the bathroom in the morning, I could never live here without a decent country radio station.

4. Pride and Prejudice. I like the book, the A&E/BBC mini-series, the new 2005 version, etc., preferably interspersed and/or read and watched simultaneously. In a pinch I will be happy with Emma. Or Persuasion. Or even Sense and Sensibility. And if I'm desperate, this, which is currently sitting on my nightstand.

5. Cole laughing really hard. It tickles my soul. And I get to see him in less than a week!
Note to Krystal, if you are reading this: I still have the foot of toothpicks.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, i love your spice cabinet. Really, very picture worthy! Also, we tried the dark chocolate snickers bars on your recommendation - they are as good as you say!!