Friday, August 22, 2008

Random Thoughts for Friday

1. We are so not over jet lag. I seriously thought I would have to peel my eyelids off my eyeballs in order to open them this morning. I deserve what I get, after having read until a quarter to one last night. I'm just not used to going to bed early anymore. Or, obviously, getting up early.

2. Is it pathetic that, now that they finally have some more dark chocolate Snickers bars in the convenience store downstairs again, I have been buying them up two or three at a time, in hopes that whoever stocks the shelves down there sees how popular they are and keeps them on hand at all times? (Don't worry, Kaylyn, I got you one!)

3. My coworker just went outside to eat her lunch. You have no idea how exciting this is. The fact that any sane, decent person would choose to be outside at noon in August in DC makes me want to dance a little dance. It is 81, sunny, and blissfully unhumid. Lurve it.

4. I have a small dilemma: school starts on Monday, which means that summer is officially over, but recess doesn't end until September 8, which means that summer is officially not at all over. The responsible side of me--the one that declared every year of school that I would start doing my homework in full and on time this year--says that I should gracefully accept the end of my freedom. But then I remembered that there was a reason I garnered a reputation in college for being able to write an 8-page paper in five minutes or less, and it certainly wasn't because I did my homework "in full and on time." Hey, I'm pushing 30, it's too late to teach an old dog new tricks. Summer it is.

5. Question: How much do I not want to respond to the phone call from the guy who "doesn't want a form letter." Answer: So much.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

Thank you! I am so excited to eat the goodness that is a Dark Chocolate Snickers. Yummy! Did you send the guy a form letter anyway?