Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Fun Run

We dragged ourselves out of bed early this morning to go run a 5K (well, I ran, Jason played encouraging husband/cheerleader). Seriously, triathlon? 5K? What is wrong with me?!?


Actually, the 5K was great fun (due in no small part to the fact that there was no swimming involved this time!). My coworker Kaylyn had convinced me to run by showing me pictures of how awesome the fall leaves looked the year before, and I used the same trick to get Tilly to do it with me. The run was at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, which is absolutely gorgeous, and the leaves did not disappoint. Neither did the weather, actually--the forecast said it would be chilly and rainy, but not a drop of rain fell until two minutes after we crossed the finish line!
I know you totally wish you were there, so check out this little video Master Jason spun out:



Tilly came home with us for breakfast--pumpkin waffles (courtesy of Trader Joe's, mmm, good) and pumpkin spice lattes (my new obsession) in the crockpot. Or, since I forgot to plug the crockpot in, pumpkin spice lattes on the stove. At least now I will make sure to remember to double check that I have plugged in/turned on the crockpot for the three more times we will use it this week... Mmmm, it's that time of year!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You must share your pumpkin latte recipe .. Love. Pumpkin.

AAHomecare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaylyn said...

I am really glad you guys came with me to run it. The leaves were beautiful, the hills, they were not beautiful.

Jenny said...

Looks gorgeous! Way to go! Next up...1/2 marathon? Shaant tried to convince me of doing one this spring...I quickly reminded her I'd be just post-baby...DON'T sign me up! :-) Me too, I want that pumpkin spice latte. Yumm! Coudl save me some serious Starbucks money.

Camille said...

Love the video Jason! The leaves were gorgeous!! Wasn't that such a great day!?