Friday, March 12, 2010

Busy

Grand Thesis Central

I am tired. We are three weeks into our worst five-week stretch of the year, and here's to hoping we've hit bottom and are about to work our way back uphill. Between spending 10-12 hours at work a day and then pouring over my thesis on the weekends, I need a vacation! And a very long night's sleep. I've been getting by with the help of yoga, the fabulous four-week meal plan, the first season of "Glee," and the best husband in the world. Oh, and an alarming amount of tea.
In other news, it appears to be spring. On February 28 it seemed like winter would never end. Then suddenly, March arrived much more like a songbird than a lion. For the past few days it has been balmy and in the 50s--the 50s! This weekend it is rainy (but not snowy. so thankful), and I've decided to let that thesis rest for a while so that I can finish Emma by an early-spring fire. Last weekend it was gorgeous, so we planted asparagus and took our first walking tour of all the spring bulbs that we've planted to see what has started to peak its head up. Crocus, hyacinths, and tulips, oh, my! And daffodils. Don't daffodils make you think of the cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland?
planting asparagus


No comments: