Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Travel, Part One: Idaho

Jason and I have been together for seven years now, and not once have we managed to plan work travel at the same time. Case in point: this week. I just arrived home to a quiet house after ten days in Idaho, and Jason will be in Nigeria all week. Sigh.

We're surviving just fine, of course--well, apart from the fact that it's 11:14 p.m. and I am blogging instead of sleeping. Clearly Jason brings the "going to bed" (and "getting up in the morning") discipline to the relationship. My trip home was really fun--even the long days of traveling for work. I went to parts of Idaho I had never visited, including Craters of the Moon and Teton Valley and this sweet place on the California Trail where pioneers signed their names in axle grease on the rocks. It's a rough job, traveling to some of the coolest places in the state.

(And by cool, I mean a foot of snow...)


The big highlight of the trip, of course, was meeting Baby Cooper. He is so sweet and cuddly...and much quieter than his all-boy brother and cousins! We pulled out Jenny's baby book to confirm that he looks just like his mama--complete with so much hair it sticks up a couple of inches!


Troy has decided that his brother isn't the worst thing that ever happened to him after all, and it was so much fun to listen to him string words together! He loves to go outside with his Papa--we had a tea party for Jenny, and he spent the entire time outside with Dad. Cole and Mason are great fun, too. Mason wants to be just like his big brother--he's at the age where he's not so sure about his Aunt Missy, so the best way to get him to hug me was to give Cole a big squeeze, and he was next in line. I wish you could hear him laugh.



I also wish you could just sit down and have a conversation with Cole. He makes a friend every time he meets someone. We all went shopping on Friday, and Cole (whose Granny spoiled him with cookies and chocolate milk) wanted me to come out and drink my coffee on a bench while he ate cookies. It is impossible to tell him no, no matter how much I wanted to shop!




It was a nice long trip, so I also got to see some friends, which was nice. And it's always wonderful to spend Easter with my family (even though we missed Jason, sad!). I just really love being with them--is there anything better than sisters and brothers and mom and dad and nephews?

No comments: