Saturday, May 29, 2010

How Does Our Garden Grow?

Very nicely, actually. Am v. happy with the way I planted the rows this year and my decision to actually follow the plant spacing instructions on the seed packets. Turns out the people who wrote those things know a thing or two.The weather has been perfect for garden growing--ridiculously hot days (90s, anyone? Ew, and humid, ick.) and nights of torrential rains. Every day I go out to see the garden and things appear to have doubled in size. There are already about four baby tomatoes growing, and we've had our first official harvest: spinach and strawberries. Add poppy seed dressing and glazed walnuts, and we've got the makings of a spectacular salad.

(Oh, and remember how I was worried about the green beans? Now I'm only worried that they will take the garden over...)

1 comment:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Nice! Like the basket!