Monday, August 16, 2010

5.

An anniversary in the wilderness is definitely, definitely better than one spent waiting for a delayed flight in the Chicago airport. Marriage gets better every year.

Actually, marriage does get better every year. Sometimes it amazes me to think about how much more I love Jason than I did on August 12 five years ago when we stood in front of the people we love and repeated our vows--at the time it seemed like I couldn't love him more than I did at that moment, but, after five years of knowing him more and more, I find myself amazed at how lucky I am that he picked me back then. Here's to the next five (and fifteen, and fifty)!

2 comments:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Glad you guys found each other! You're perfect for each other and I'm so happy for you to celebrate for 5th anniversary! Love ya!

Amanda said...

No way, five year!? Congrats! Love you both!