Monday, August 02, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

It is the first day of August recess, and, mmm, it is just glorious. After a busy week last week and a possibly even busier weekend (turns out dinner for twelve is no joke), today all the glories of a perfect August day cascaded down on me. I'm wearing jeans. Traffic was light as a breeze. It is super quiet at work (good for cramming on the thesis), and it will be equally quiet for the next six weeks (six!). And, to top it all off, it's, like, 77 degrees outside. Humid--I was disgustingly sticky after a lunch-hour run--but over all absolutely fantastic.

I really don't know how all of you people with normal jobs continue to survive day after day without the oasis of August recess to look forward to. I really don't. How, for example, did Jason get up today and put a suit on, knowing he will be doing it every day until he retires? I have literally been waiting for this day since January 4th. It might be the number one reason I am about to celebrate my 9th anniversary on the Hill.

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, so check back for notes on Jason's mom's visit (I swear I posted on that, but I think maybe I got distracted by previous posts on going to the beach), the weekend when the weather was NOT so perfect, and our Provence party on Saturday. But for now, just one word: yay.

No comments: