Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wizarding Fun

I am not at the midnight showing of the final Harry Potter movie tonight. I want to be, but, as Casey so eloquently put it, "I am not 16 anymore...or, really, I have a job now." My coworkers will certainly thank me tomorrow for not coming in with two hours of sleep under my belt, but, well, I'm still a little sad.



To make up for the fact that we literally can't figure out when we're going to see the movie (!!!), we had a little wizarding fun last weekend to get ourselves prepared. We went over to Kevin and Missy's to watch Deathly Hallows Part One, and Missy put together a spread worthy of the Three Broomsticks--pumpkin pasties, Fizzing Whizbies, cockroach clusters, Polyjuice Potion, and of course, Bertie's Every Flavor Beans.




And we donned lightening bolt scars. And Missy wore her wizarding robes (never wished so much that I'd swiped that Oxford robe that we wore to the dining hall). And I almost brought my Nimbus 2000 but Jason said he wouldn't come if I did that. Good times had by all (even Jason, believe it or not).

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I remember our original lighting bolt scars...what was that, 2004? Good times at Camelot. Loved your egg text this morning. :)