Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 Year Flashback

Here's the thing:  it feels like it's been 10 years since I graduated from college.  A lot has happened in 10 years, and I have started to learn things about being a real grown up--things like how to apologize when I'm wrong, how to show up to work early and stay late, how to put together a budget and stick with it.  It's been a good decade, but a decade nonetheless.

Class of 2001
Classic Senate Pic

But then we all got together in the lobby of our junior year dorm and ate the amazing donuts our RD used to make every Wednesday night, and time kind of melted away.  Ten years has apparently been good to my college class, which made my 10-year reunion extra fun.  Of all the reunion groups at NNU's homecoming, we had the largest, and yet I got to talk to most of my former classmates and felt like there was still a genuine connection.  Over 10 years I have learned to appreciate the common ground I can start from with these people.  I was very, very glad I made the effort to go!

How well do you remember your roommate?
with Marbs and Andrea
There was the official reunion lunch--complete with the newlywed-esque Roommate Game AND the afore mentioned donuts--and then there were the fun side events.  Amanda hosted a lovely book club tea at her house.  Andrea and I squeezed in a really nice coffee break.  Kristy had a large group of people over for dinner and laughing and a little Rock Band.  I like how boundaries between groups and people have loosened since our five year reunion.  So fun.  The only thing I missed was Krystal (and Jason, the party pooper).

Rock Band at Kristy's

Since NNU is about 15 minutes from my parents' house, I also got to spend a stolen weekend with the fam.  Love those boys.  It was full of activity but very, very fun.

Coop and I, doing what I do best these days.

Thanks to Marbs for most of the pictures, since my camera broke within 15 minutes.  She is as dependable as ever. :)

No comments: